Public Works provides collection of bulk waste items, such as upholstered furniture, twice per month.
Bulk waste is collected Wednesday - Friday. Please place items curbside by 7:30 a.m. on Wednesday, the week of your collection.
Please help our community improve travel safety for all, especially cyclists and pedestrians, by putting out your bulk waste close to your collection day, and not placing items in the street or blocking sidewalks, bike lanes, or storm drains.
- Clean metal: Bicycles, etc.
- All clean metal must be separated from other bulk items and placed curbside for collection
- Computer monitors and televisions: Small amounts will be collected curbside
- May also be recycled at the Orange County Landfill
- Paint cans: Paint cans should be opened and the paint allowed to dry
- With the lid removed and contents completely dry, paint cans may be placed curbside
- Furniture and large items:
- Lawn furniture
- Microwave ovens
- Push lawnmowers
Contact Orange County Solid Waste Management to find out how to dispose of the following items:
- Batteries: Large sized alkaline batteries and wet cell / lead acid batteries such as the kind found in cars, trucks, and boats
- Building / Remodeling items:
- Hazardous materials of any type
- Vehicle parts of any type
- Items should be placed curbside by 7:30 a.m. on your collection day.
- Do not place items in drainage ditch or bike lane.
- Allow 3 feet of clearance between your bulk waste and any other item.
Bulk waste is collected Wednesday -Friday. Please place items curbside by 7:30 a.m. on Wednesday, the week of your collection.
Residents from Hillsborough Rd., Greensboro St., Hanna St., and points south will have bulk waste collection on 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month. All points north of Hillsborough Rd., Greensboro St., and Hanna St. will have bilk waste collection on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month. If a month has 5 Wednesdays, there will be no bulk waste pickup on the 5th Wednesday. Bulk waste collection may be cancelled or delayed due to inclement weather.
Click on the map below and enter your address into the search bar to find your trash, bulk waste, and yard waste collection days.
Household waste, bulk waste, yard waste, and loose leaf collection days may change during holiday weeks. Please see the 2022 Holiday Collection Schedule below for collection day changes.
Recycling services are managed by Orange County Solid Waste Management. For more information, please visit Orange County Solid Waste Management.
Reminder: There is no bulk waste collection on the 5th Wednesday of the month, and no loose leaf or yard waste collection on the 5th Monday of the month.
2022 Holiday Collection Schedule
New Year’s Eve – Friday, December 31st – No Household Trash Collection
Friday's household waste collection is on Monday, January 3rd
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day – Monday, January 17th - No Yard Waste Collection
Monday's yard waste collection is on Tuesday, January 18th
Good Friday - April 15th - No Household Trash Collection
Friday's household waste collection is on Monday, April 18th
Memorial Day – Monday, May 30th - No Yard Waste Collection
Monday's yard waste collection is on Tuesday, May 31st
Juneteenth - June 20th - No Yard Waste Collection
Monday's yard waste collection is on Tuesday, June 21st
Independence Day - July 4th - No Yard Waste Collection
Monday's yard waste collection is on Tuesday, July 5th
Labor Day - September 5th - No Yard Waste Collection
Monday's yard waste collection is on Tuesday, September 6th
Thanksgiving Holiday Week - November 21st - November 25th
No Yard Waste Collection - There will be no yard waste collected Thanksgiving week.
Household Waste Schedule-
- Wednesday collection is on Monday, November 21st
- Thursday collection is on Tuesday, November 22nd
- Friday collection is on Wednesday, November 23rd
Christmas Holiday Week – December 19th – December 26th
No Yard Waste Collection - There will be no yard waste collected Christmas week.
Household Waste Schedule -
- Wednesday collection is on Monday, December 19th
- Thursday collection is on Tuesday, December 20th
- Friday collection is on Wednesday, December 21st
Reuse is better than disposal and recycling!
Good, useable items may dropped off at Orange County Solid Waste Management's Salvage Sheds or donated to a local charity or thrift shop (some offer free pick up).
Visit Orange County Solid Waste Management's A-Z Recycle Guide for more information on the Salvage Sheds, including locations and acceptable items.